Job Title: Inventory Control and Logistic Specialist (Temp-Permanent Position)
Location: Newark, CA
Here at Ooma we empower people to connect in smarter ways. We do this by creating powerful communication experiences through our cloud-based platform to bring people together at work and at home. Our solutions help small business owners stay connected with their customers and manage their businesses from anywhere. For larger companies we provide customized unified communications solutions to meet their unique needs. At home, we help our customers connect with their loved ones by providing the #1 rated VoIP phone service available. We also provide them with peace of mind though our innovative smart home security solution. At Ooma, all our products and services are priced competitively, because we believe advanced technology should be accessible to all.
Every day, we strive to uphold our brand values:
We care that everyone loves their Ooma experience.
We think big to innovate and revolutionize markets.
We create smarter solutions that uniquely deliver both superior experiences and superior value.
We embrace diversity of thought to make the best decisions.
We respect that problems are best solved by fact-based discussions and positive intent.
We choose to be a force for good in the world.
Working at Ooma means being a team player, while allowing your individual voice to come through. And, you'll receive competitive compensation, benefits and generous company perks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in direct communications with 3PL warehouses and global logistics team regarding day to day logistics and inventory activities.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes. Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics plan, such as new warehouse and shipping methods.
- Responsible for day to day inventory transactions and accuracy of inventory records including weekly, monthly and annual reconciliation on assigned warehouse
- Maintain records of relevant documentation for audit purposes
- Perform quarterly or as required cyclic inventory inspection at 3PL warehouse
- Assist in new 3PL warehouse evaluation, qualification and selection.
- Drive the performance evaluation of 3PL warehouses and domestics carriers using scorecards.
- Maintain policies and procedures (SOP) for logistics activities. Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
- Effectively utilize all applicable modes of transportations: TL, LTL and intermodal services by analyzing and evaluating best practices for freight handling and transportation.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, import or export, or customer issues
- Manage auditing of freight invoices and customs import entries to ensure accuracy and compliance. Monitor product import or export processes for compliance with regulatory or legal requirements
- Maintain matrix, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, and other data related to all logistics activities
- Perform all other duties as required
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.