Job Title: Senior Social Media Manager
Job Location: Sunnyvale, California
Here at Ooma we empower people to connect in smarter ways. We do this by creating powerful communication experiences through our cloud-based platform to bring people together at work and at home. Our solutions help small business owners stay connected with their customers and manage their businesses from anywhere. For larger companies we provide customized unified communications solutions to meet their unique needs. At home, we help our customers connect with their loved ones by providing the #1 rated VoIP phone service available. We also provide them with peace of mind though our innovative smart home security solution. At Ooma, all our products and services are priced competitively, because we believe advanced technology should be accessible to all.
Every day, we strive to uphold our brand values:
We care that everyone loves their Ooma experience.
We think big to innovate and revolutionize markets.
We create smarter solutions that uniquely deliver both superior experiences and superior value.
We embrace diversity of thought to make the best decisions.
We respect that problems are best solved by fact-based discussions and positive intent.
We choose to be a force for good in the world.
Working at Ooma means being a team player, while allowing your individual voice to come through. And, you'll receive competitive compensation, benefits and generous company perks.
The Senior Social Media Manager will own organic and paid social media programs at Ooma, with responsibility for setting goals and strategies, executing campaigns, and reporting on outcomes. The successful candidate with have a relentless focus on achieving measurable results, especially customer acquisition cost (CAC), and testing new tactics. Previous experience in managing successful social media programs is a must. Reports to the Senior Director of Corporate Communications.
- Strategy. Create and manage social media strategies, both paid and organic, across all platforms – Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and more – for Ooma’s business and residential product portfolios. Stay on top of the rapidly evolving social media scene, as well as efforts of key competitors.
- Collaboration. Coordinate social media activities with the promotion calendar and priorities of the marketing team, while also working as needed with the sales and product management teams.
- Reporting. Continuously deliver actionable analysis of social media results, along with weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting that gives clear and concise summaries of effort and outcome.
- Paid campaigns. Develop and execute paid social media campaigns focused on measurable results, especially customer acquisition cost (CAC).
- Organic social. Create compelling content, measured against clear performance targets.
- Testing. Constantly introduce new ideas, figure out how to test them, and then move forward with the ideas that are successful.
- Agency management. Supervise the work of a social media agency, always holding the agency accountable for top-quality content and support.
- Five years or more of experience in managing social media programs with successful outcomes, preferably in a technology-related field.
- Highly motivated and capable of working independently on complex projects.
- A deep creative streak that expresses itself in both strategic thinking and content development.
- Strong writing, oral presentation and organizational skills.
- Deep technical understanding of social media platforms and tools.
- Bachelors degree.
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.