Job Title: Senior Software Engineer - IAM focus
Job Location: Sunnyvale
Here at Ooma we empower people to connect in smarter ways. We do this by creating powerful communication experiences through our cloud-based platform to bring people together at work and at home. Our solutions help small business owners stay connected with their customers and manage their businesses from anywhere. For larger companies we provide customized unified communications solutions to meet their unique needs. At home, we help our customers connect with their loved ones by providing the #1 rated VoIP phone service available. We also provide them with peace of mind though our innovative smart home security solution. At Ooma, all our products and services are priced competitively, because we believe advanced technology should be accessible to all.
Every day, we strive to uphold our brand values:
We care that everyone loves their Ooma experience.
We think big to innovate and revolutionize markets.
We create smarter solutions that uniquely deliver both superior experiences and superior value.
We embrace diversity of thought to make the best decisions.
We respect that problems are best solved by fact-based discussions and positive intent.
We choose to be a force for good in the world.
Working at Ooma means being a team player, while allowing your individual voice to come through. And, you'll receive competitive compensation, benefits and generous company perks.
Ooma offers consumer and business products that provide free and low-cost U.S. and Canadian telephone calling and advanced cloud-based telephony services to its global base of customers. Ooma delivers HD call quality and the reliability of traditional phone service at a fraction of the cost, in a sleek and innovative design. Ooma has been ranked the #1 home phone service for overall satisfaction and value for the last three consecutive years by a leading consumer research publication. The Ooma Mobile HD app allows customers to make U.S. and international calls from their iOS and Android devices. Ooma is available at leading retailers and online destinations. For more information, go to www.ooma.com (U.S.) or www.ooma.com/ca (Canada).
- Design and develop highly scalable, resilient microservices and APIs that interface with font-end applications, third-party services, cloud infrastructure and other microservices to support Ooma’s next generation communications products.
- Develop new Identity and Access Management system and related features.
- Contribute to and drive the full design of new features.
- Have a keen eye for scalability issues while developing new features.
- Contribute to all stages of software development from conception to rollout in production environment.
- Contribute to overall architecture discussions, and be a part of an evolving platform offering
enhanced consumer and business communication services.
- Resolve interoperability issues between the Ooma Service components, Ooma devices, and third-party software.
- Work with operations, and QA to resolve issues.
- Collaborate with other engineers in Palo Alto and at Ooma’s offshore location.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar fields or equivalent experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills as well as excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration skills.
- 5+ years of development experience preferably in Java or C++. Familiarity with multiple programming languages a plus.
- Understanding of multi-threading, concurrency and grasp of commonly used data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with single sign-on, session management, user profiles, and user identity and authentication frameworks such as OAuth.
- Experience with software practices of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and automated testing is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Commitment to understanding the business domain
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and languages including Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud computing and Mobile platforms.
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.