Sr. Software Engineer – Web Applications
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sr. Director, Web Applications
Here at Ooma we empower people to connect in smarter ways. We do this by creating powerful communication experiences through our cloud-based platform to bring people together at work and at home. Our solutions help small business owners stay connected with their customers and manage their businesses from anywhere. For larger companies we provide customized unified communications solutions to meet their unique needs. At home, we help our customers connect with their loved ones by providing the #1 rated VoIP phone service available. We also provide them with peace of mind though our innovative smart home security solution. At Ooma, all our products and services are priced competitively, because we believe advanced technology should be accessible to all.
Every day, we strive to uphold our brand values:
We care that everyone loves their Ooma experience.
We think big to innovate and revolutionize markets.
We create smarter solutions that uniquely deliver both superior experiences and superior value.
We embrace diversity of thought to make the best decisions.
We respect that problems are best solved by fact-based discussions and positive intent.
We choose to be a force for good in the world.
Working at Ooma means being a team player, while allowing your individual voice to come through. And, you'll receive competitive compensation, benefits and generous company perks.
We have an exciting opening for a senior Full Stack Ruby on Rails and React software professional who thrives on solving hard problems in web applications, complex user portals, VoIP, IoT, and Smart Home using Rails, React, TDD/BDD, and possibly Elixir. Designing, developing, and delivering high quality, elegant software is in your DNA. And you want to learn more! You have delivered years of superior user experiences and are looking for the next step. The ideal candidate has experience in customer facing portals in an IP/telephony/service provider company, but any portal experience is welcomed. You will be a key player in taking Ooma UX and APIs to the next level by solving complex problems and developing advanced software.
- Leverage and grow your exceptional skills to deliver best of class user experiences to customers using Ruby on Rails, React, and possibly Elixir/Phoenix
- Develop tools and techniques to understand and evolve Ooma’s advanced telephony components, and how customers interact with and configure them
- Participate and drive agile practices including requirements review, design, coding/code reviews, implementation, testing optimization, and maintenance support for Ooma’s customer facing web portals and API
- Integration of Ooma-developed and 3rd party software
- Work with onshore and offshore engineering teams across the world
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience Ruby on Rails or equivalent, full stack
- 2+ years React or other similar JS frameworks such as Angular
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Equivalent
- An affinity and need to use TDD/BDD tools such as rspec, cucumber, mocha, enzyme, and chai
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design methodology, functional programming, and Design Patterns
- Production experience on MySQL or other relational databases
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills in English
- High level of self-motivation, and a deep willingness to make a difference
Nice to Have:
- Experience in building VoIP/telephony customer facing portals
- 4+ years experience Ruby on Rails or equivalent, full stack
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Equivalent
- Experience or strong interest with Agile, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
- Working knowledge of Perforce and Git
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.