Job Title: Sr. Tax Accountant
Reports to: Assistant Controller
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Ooma offers consumer and business products that provide free and low-cost U.S. and Canadian telephone calling and advanced cloud-based telephony services to its global base of customers. Ooma has been ranked the #1 home phone service for overall satisfaction and value for the last three consecutive years by a leading consumer research publication.
We have an amazing opportunity for a self-motivated Manager – Sales, Use, Telecom and Canadian Tax. This financial contributor will have an entrepreneurial drive and a desire to be a part of a unique culture that is committed to growing our organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the compliance process to ensure that returns are filed and paid accurately and timely by preparing and reviewing the sales/use tax, telecom, Canadian GST/HST/PST and EU & AUS returns, supporting work papers, and applicable payment request documentation.
- Maintain the tax codes set up in Suretax to ensure that accurate and current sales/use, telecom, Canadian GST/HST/PST and EU & AUS VAT rates are included in our systems and documentation.
- Reconcile, on a monthly basis, all GL tax balance sheet accounts.
- Provides guidance to internal and external customers by providing timely and accurate responses to taxability and exemption certificate validation requests.
- Manage and oversee all exemption documentation.
- Maintains current and accurate taxability matrices that are used throughout the company
- Keeps current with sales/use tax, telecom, Canadian GST/HST/PST and EU & AUS VAT laws, regulations, proposed changes and other current tax issues pertinent to Ooma’s business.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements or for tax savings and provide solutions to make those improvements or to realize the tax savings.
- Manages the archiving of all compliance documentation to ensure that complete files are available to support completion and resolution of audits and notices received.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting/Finance, with 7+ years of progressive experience with US multi-state sales/use tax compliance and Canadian Tax
- Background in indirect tax role with responsibility for tax compliance and accounting for indirect taxes
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong Excel, Access, Pivot Tables, Formulas
- Experience in NetSuite and Suretax is a plus
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Strong interpersonal, excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to multi-task, work under stressful conditions, and meet deadlines
- Able to thrive in a fast pace-setting
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.