Job Title: Senior Software Engineer iOS, Talkatone
Vancouver, British Columbia CAN
Here at Ooma we empower people to connect in smarter ways. We do this by creating powerful communication experiences through our cloud-based platform to bring people together at work and at home. Our solutions help small business owners stay connected with their customers and manage their businesses from anywhere. For larger companies we provide customized unified communications solutions to meet their unique needs. At home, we help our customers connect with their loved ones by providing the #1 rated VoIP phone service available. We also provide them with peace of mind though our innovative smart home security solution. At Ooma, all our products and services are priced competitively, because we believe advanced technology should be accessible to all.
Every day, we strive to uphold our brand values:
We care that everyone loves their Ooma experience.
We think big to innovate and revolutionize markets.
We create smarter solutions that uniquely deliver both superior experiences and superior value.
We embrace diversity of thought to make the best decisions.
We respect that problems are best solved by fact-based discussions and positive intent.
We choose to be a force for good in the world.
Working at Ooma means being a team player, while allowing your individual voice to come through. And, you'll receive competitive compensation, benefits and generous company perks.
Talkatone™ is a leading mobile Voice over IP (VoIP) app provider located in Sunnyvale, CA. Our apps are available on both iOS and Android and are used by more than 1 million people each month in 16 different countries. Talkatone provides its users with free calling and texting to the US and Canada using an advertising-supported business model as well as in-app purchases. We are part of Ooma, a publicly-traded (NYSE:OOMA) smart communications platform for businesses and consumers. This position will be located in our Vancouver, CAN office.
Talkatone is looking for an energetic Senior Software Engineer to head up our iOS development. In this role, you will be responsible for all front-end aspects of the Talkatone iOS mobile apps. You’ll interact with product management, design, customer support, QA, other engineering groups and our partners.
The ideal candidate will thrive in our fast paced, results-driven yet small team. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic, technically-savvy person with solid communication skills looking for a serious challenge with corresponding responsibilities.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be successful in this role, you should have experience with app-based business models, mobile development as well as an understanding of the mobile application landscape.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead execution of our iOS product roadmap (front-end side) and deliver against product milestones
- Stay up-to-date on iOS mobile app developments and provide technical guidance where necessary
- Drive product quality on iOS through improved QA and interactions with Support
- Provide critical technical and product input to the planning cycle
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or similar technical background
- 3+ years of experience in mobile application development. Proven track record creating and improving mobile apps for iOS in Swift and Objective-C. Having published your own app is a definite plus!
- An exceptionally motivated person, looking to excel in a fast-growing, quickly evolving company and market
- Highly organized, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills incl. verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who knows how to work across cultures and geographies
Please include pointers to mobile apps you have worked on in your application.
This role may require occasional travel to our headquarters in Sunnyvale, California.
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.