Job Title: Senior Software Engineer - K8S focus
Job Location: Sunnyvale
Here at Ooma we empower people to connect in smarter ways. We do this by creating powerful communication experiences through our cloud-based platform to bring people together at work and at home. Our solutions help small business owners stay connected with their customers and manage their businesses from anywhere. For larger companies we provide customized unified communications solutions to meet their unique needs. At home, we help our customers connect with their loved ones by providing the #1 rated VoIP phone service available. We also provide them with peace of mind though our innovative smart home security solution. At Ooma, all our products and services are priced competitively, because we believe advanced technology should be accessible to all.
Every day, we strive to uphold our brand values:
We care that everyone loves their Ooma experience.
We think big to innovate and revolutionize markets.
We create smarter solutions that uniquely deliver both superior experiences and superior value.
We embrace diversity of thought to make the best decisions.
We respect that problems are best solved by fact-based discussions and positive intent.
We choose to be a force for good in the world.
Working at Ooma means being a team player, while allowing your individual voice to come through. And, you'll receive competitive compensation, benefits and generous company perks.
- Design and develop containerized and automated application platform solutions, with a focus on application concerns, migrating applications to containers, and integrating container platforms with automated CI and CD pipelines.
- Develop applications with cloud native principles.
- Contribute to overall architecture discussions, and be a part of an evolving platform offering
enhanced consumer and business communication services.
- Resolve interoperability issues between the Ooma Service components, Ooma devices, and third-party software.
- Work with operations, and QA to resolve issues.
- Collaborate with other engineers in Palo Alto and at Ooma’s offshore locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar fields or equivalent experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills as well as excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration skills.
- 5+ years of development experience preferably in Java or C++. Familiarity with multiple programming languages a plus.
- Understanding of multi-threading, concurrency and grasp of commonly used data structures and algorithms.
- 3+ years of hands on implementation experience building applications using Java, Spring, Hibernate and REST Services
- Knowledge of best practices for development of micro services architectures, Kubernetes, Dockers and containerization technologies.
- Knowledge of devops best practices and experience releasing code to production and working with devops engineers. Experience implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipelines and automated testing is a plus.
- Experience providing production support on cloud environments
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Commitment to understanding the business domain.
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.