Job Title: Corporate Counsel (Full or Part Time)
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
Company Overview: Here at Ooma we empower people to connect in smarter ways. We do this by creating powerful communication experiences through our cloud-based platform to bring people together at work and at home. Our solutions help small business owners stay connected with their customers and manage their businesses from anywhere. For larger companies we provide customized unified communications solutions to meet their unique needs. At home, we help our customers connect with their loved ones by providing the #1 rated VoIP phone service available. We also provide them with peace of mind though our innovative smart home security solution. At Ooma, all our products and services are priced competitively, because we believe advanced technology should be accessible to all.
Every day, we strive to uphold our brand values:
We care that everyone loves their Ooma experience.
We think big to innovate and revolutionize markets.
We create smarter solutions that uniquely deliver both superior experiences and superior value.
We embrace diversity of thought to make the best decisions.
We respect that problems are best solved by fact-based discussions and positive intent.
We choose to be a force for good in the world.
Working at Ooma means being a team player, while allowing your individual voice to come through. And, you'll receive competitive compensation, benefits and generous company perks.
As Corporate Counsel for Ooma, you will provide legal services and guidance on a wide range of corporate matters, with a focus on contract drafting and review, regulatory compliance and employment matters (including COVID-related knowledge). This is a salaried position, reporting to the General Counsel.
• Draft, negotiate and review a wide variety of existing and new contracts with outside vendors, customers and internal business stakeholders
• Assist with requests related to employee matters
• Assist with privacy and corporate governance related matters
• Assist with international regulatory compliance
• Manage the contract database
• Handle other legal matters as may arise
Qualifications and Experience:
• JD degree, active California Bar, practicing for 6+ years, with big law firm (and preferably in-house) experience
• Demonstrate strong background, knowledge and skills in contracts
• Experience with a regulated industry preferred
• Some background and experience in patents, trademarks and license rights preferred
• Strong oral and written communication, drafting and negotiation skills, and the ability to provide clear and concise, business-oriented legal advice
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate organizational skills and a self-starter with strong work ethic, and an ability to prioritize and manage projects to completion with minimal direction
• Common sense and sound business judgment
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.